Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving.
I am writing this as we embark upon the highway for the second stop along the tour of parents (Grandparents). Having my mom and in-laws both in town means having to split the day between both families. We are thankful for this dilemma and will happily get up early to make the trip across town.
I am thankful for the opportunity to learn from all the teachers in the blogging world. I have learned a lot from all of you and really appreciate the support you provide me. It is a supportive network of caring people who seem to want everyone to be successful. I love the collaborative efforts and the kindness that people show. If you stop and think about it, how many other professionals build blogging networks in which they share best practices and tips to help each other be the best they can be? Lesson plans, decorations, tips, and support flow freely amongst the community, something I am truly thankful for!
While talking about being thankful, I am of course thankful for my family. My boys are big blessings in our life. They teach me new things about myself and give me a perspective that has made me a better person and teacher. My husband and I have had to work through tough and trying times and together are a strong team.
In addition I am thankful for the opportunities we have in our lives. A great school to work at, wonderful educators for my children, phenomenal doctors and healthcare for my families' needs. And of course the things no one shall take for granted like a variety of food for our table, warm home, and a closet with clothes. So as I think about all we have, I wish for others to find the things they need around them.
I am hoping that everyone has a restful day, spending it with people you love. Happy Thanksgiving to you. Thanks for all you have done for me this year.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving. I agree with what you said about the blogging world. It is great to have a place to learn and share ideas. Enjoy the rest of the long weekend!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave your thoughts about the wonderful journey through teaching and life!