Wednesday, June 25, 2014

All about the W's

It is Wednesday, time to link up around the theme of W! 
Since this post won't really be wordless, I will start with Wordless Wednesday hosted by Miss DeCarbo. If you only want the wordless part, you can choose to skip the rest or soak in the photo, then read on for the free worksheet and some pictures taken by a 4 year old photographer.

No matter, how many toys my kids have, they still want more. Toys are like an addicitive drug.
Time for another free worksheet with The Teaching Tribune. This week's theme was for it to be summer related. 
Once again, I really got in to the worksheet and created a little back to school activity inspired by a picture I saw floating on Pinterest. Click here for the link to the original picture.
I know there are tons of teachers who used the Instagram idea last year, but this board idea is cute and great to leave up all year long, simply change out the pictures. SO that it doesn't remain bare for long, you can use this icebreaker to spice up your room and have something cute up in time for parent open house night.  
Click here or on the image for the the link to the packet: Snapshots from my Summer Break
Graphics Credit: Mel from Graphics From the Pond and Krista Wallden 
If you download the packet, please leave me some love through a comment on Teachers Pay Teachers and/or spread the word through a pin. {THANKS!}

I mentioned the other day that I am not really a glamorous gal, but I do appreciate great clothes. I decided I was going to be brave and share some of the things I got through Stitch Fix for the fun linky party with the awesome Ideas by Jivey
My summer wardrobe consists of shorts, t-shirts, bathing suit, and flip flops. I want to maintain my followers, so I will spare you pictures of me in my bathing suit, you are welcome! Instead, I will share some of my recent Stitch Fix items. 
Love the inside of the box!
Sorry about the pictures. My 4 year old jumped at the chance to help me out and I did not glam up for the photo session! 
Love this navy print Maxi Dress. I usually do not sport sleevelss tops, but this one is so comfortable and will be perfect with a light sweater in the fall. (For some reason my son insisted I kneel for the picture (so I wasn't headless), and that is the dog checking out our photo shoot.)
Except for the Maxi Dress, I have always returned the dresses I received in my fixes. They are either too short, lacking shape or just blah. This dress is going back because I could not zip it, talk about a reminder that I should be working out instead of typing! I think it might be too busy for my taste.
I was giving instructions on how to take pictures with my phone.
Ok on the next few items, chime in to tell me if I should keep them or send them back.
I am iffy on a few of them, so with your honest feedback I will be able to make my decision. (During the school year, I take my unsure items to school and show them to my style savvy teammate, she has not mislead me ever!)
And the photographer gets a turn at being the model. Don't you love his accessories? 

So what do you think? 
Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

8 comments:

  1. Love the maxi dress, the boyfriend jeans with the rip, and the lace top. I say no to the blue shirt and gold/silver necklace. Not that I'm a fashionista by any means, but that's my opinion. The box hat is by far my favorite though! xo
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the jeans!! Especially if they are soft. :-P And I actually like both tops! Love your little photographer, too!
    Jivey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the snapshots freebie! Cool!

    Smiles,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually like your blue shirt and jeans look! I would return the white shirt and necklace. If you won't wear it though, then I say return it all. I like the outfit you put together though, so I would wear it!! Enjoy!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the maxi dress, both tops, and the necklace! My next fix comes in a week, and I can't wait! Just in time for the TPT conference!
    ~Kristen
    Teaching Trio
    Chalk & Apples

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should keep all the clothes! They are too cute and look great on you. I love love love those jeans!!!! You have just made me decide to finally try Stitch Fix!!!!
    Mrs. Spriggs’ Kindergarten Pond

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the blue top and jeans! So cute together!

    Suzanna
    Surprisingly Seventh

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave your thoughts about the wonderful journey through teaching and life!