Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Two for Tuesday! June 10,2014

As promised, I am posting two more resources reduced to 50% off in celebration of Summer Bloggin' with The Teaching Tribune! 
First up today, is my Dear Mr. Henshaw Reading Graphic Organizer and Writing Response packet. This packet is only $1.00 on Tuesday, June 10 until I remember to return it to its original price. 

Dear Mr. Henshaw, by Beverly Cleary, is one of my favorite books to read with my 5th graders at the beginning of the year. The text is so rich and can lead to lots of discussions about writing techniques, growth of writers, character and their motivations, vivid vocabulary, and life experiences. 
Leigh, the main character, struggles with the emotions of having divorced parents and being new at his school. He feels lonely, and it does not help that his lunches keep getting stolen. During the story you learn about the friends he makes that help him work his way through the issues of family and adolescence. 
I always read this at the beginning of the year because the writing response packet makes for a wonderful writing to display at open house and provides some busy (but meaningful) work while beginning of the year assessments are completed. 
The writing packets look great when they are bound. I learn a lot about my students, their family, and their lives with this quick assessment. I always give it back to them at the end of the school year and they love to see how much they have grown and changed. 
I am planning to add some more graphic organizers to the packet throughout the summer, so $1.00 is really a bargain!
And for our second item, Decimal Multiplication Matching Task Cards for $1.50. Decimals models are always a challenge for my students, so I designed these as models and to help them practice. 

There are 7 sets of matching cards in this packet, so it is one you can use throughout the year to practice, reteach, and review. 
Don't forget to hop over to The Teaching Tribune to see what other Two for Tuesday deals are available. There were a bunch of great items last week, I am sure this week will be just as great! 
Thanks again for all of your support, I am on a blogging roll and loving all of the comments and connections with other teachers! Don't forget to swing by tomorrow, I have a new freebie for you that you can use as a math and word work/spelling activity. 
Happy Summer Bloggin'!

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through The Teaching Tribune linky. I love the products that you've offered and am eager to browse through your shop for more goodies. Thanks so much for offering these at 50% off! Hope you have a great week.

    A Teaspoon of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for swinging by Melissa! I am striving to create more things this summer, hope you are able to find some things that you like. The weekly linky parties are great!

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave your thoughts about the wonderful journey through teaching and life!