For today's link, I am writing a letter to myself reflecting on the past year as a blogger. I believe that it is always good to look back at what you have accomplished to help set future goals and decide which path to travel in the future.
I have used this format with my students before right before our promotional tests, and it is amazing what connections the kids make, and how much they realize they have accomplished. I guess it is time for me to give a try at my own assignment.
Since Monday is turning in to "all about me" day, I decided to link up with Amanda at One Extra Degree for the Me Time Monday party.
During the summer, I switch gears and become "only" a full-time mom/wife. Even though I have less to do because I am not working my paid job, it is not like I sit around eating bon-bons watching soap operas. My days are pretty busy keeping the kids entertained! Because it is hectic raising a family, it is important that I find little ways to take care of myself so that everyone at home remains happy and sane!
One thing I like to do it buy flowers for myself every once in a while.
Check out these beautiful sunflowers I found on our grocery trip last week, they were the sunshine of my trip and every time I glance over at them, I smile.
I don't know why, but for some reason I always thought that you need to go to the movies with at least 1 other person. Maybe it is because my mom never went to see one alone, and you often hear of people going out together. Well, recently I found myself with some time alone and I decided to go to the movies to see Maleficent.
I loved the movie, Angelina Jolie did a GREAT job, and the movie was full of so many twists and turns. Of course, it strayed from the plot of Sleeping Beauty, but I did not care. I think the strong female role of both Malenficent and Aurora made me like it better!
If you have never gone to the movies alone, let me tell you the perks:
- You don't have to share the popcorn, and you can make it exactly the way you like it.
- You are in the dark and can snack in privacy, shh don't tell my kids but I also had some candy!
- You can cry and not have to wipe your tears to avoid that awkward moment when you realize the other person is not crying and you feel silly crying over a movie
- You can pick whatever movie you want and won't feel judged, all the other people in the theater are there for the same show!
- You can stay for the credits or not, your call.
- 2+ hours of alone time is relaxing and rejuvenating!
In our busy lives, taking time for ourselves can be quite refreshing. What have you done for yourself lately?
Thanks again to the party hosts, The Teaching Tribune and One Extra Degree for the Monday party! Check them out and consider joining the fun!