Sunday, June 22, 2014

Saturday Snapshots

I broke my blogging streak for the month of June. Had you noticed I was posting daily, versus my once in a blue moon during the year? Well, I picked up at the library the other day and I just could not set it down until I finished it. I'll share more about that book another day... 
I am a little late to the party, but since the pictures I am sharing are from yesterday (Saturday), I am linking up for the fun! 


I love this party because it is all about capturing, documenting, and preserving all that is important to us, living LIFE and having FUN!
So without further ado, here are some of my snapshots!

 I LOVE this picture! My youngest has overcome his fear of the water and is going under with such pride! Seriously, look at that face, he is confident and excited! 
My husband captured this under water with his GoPro. You cannot really see me, but I am that figure above him. We were trying to get me in the picture too, but it was hard to see me since he was under the water. 
Here is the best one from yesterday, totally captures the excitement of summertime!
If you look closely you can see me reading on that lounge chair. Don't you love the action in this picture and the joyful face. Man that kid loves life! And boy do I LOVE him!
One of my summer goals was to do some work around the house. Well, we started on our big project. A few months ago I cam home to the fireplace being ripped apart. The marble that was put in by the builders cracked and it was messy. So my husband ripped out the marble. He was eager to do that, but it sat like this for a while before he found a place to purchase stone and we picked out the stone. 
Yesterday we finally picked out the stone and moved on to the next step. 
Tuesday, we will pick up the stone and get our fireplace started. I promise there will be a post and some follow up shots! 
Here are some pictures from our spontaneous trip to the library. 
You can see their personalities shine in their silly pictures. Mr. Cool/Hesitant, Mr. Serious, and Mr. Full o' Life (he included his book in the picture)!
What great moments have you captured? Keep charging through the summer (yes, it is officially summer) and enjoy those small moments! 
Happy Summer! 

8 comments:

  1. I love all your snapshots. The one underwater is sooo cute! Gotta love pictures and the moments they capture!

    Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the two pool pictures. Very cute! :) :)
    ~Amanda from His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...the underwater shot is AWESOMENESS! I have been thinking about buying Jerm a Go Pro camera. This might have just sealed the deal for me. Love the action shot too! I can't wait to see the stone on the finished fireplace. I was going to repaint the brass part on my mom's fireplace until I realized I couldn't get the doors off. Scratch that project! XO
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerm would love the camera. The price is a little high, but it is so versatile. We manage to captrue some great shots. Glenn attaches his to the quadcopter he built and takes aerial shots. My borther-in-law fell in love with the footage and had Glenn build him one, they love sharing pictures and crash stories. Colin used it to create a video for the PTA reflections contest, check it out: http://lahinga.blogspot.com/2013/10/proud-mom-moment-my-sons-reflections.html
      Each year we send pictures in from our summer vacation, my picture was my boys and me under the water.
      I bet Jerm would love the camera! It was the best gift I ever bought for my husband.
      I totally understand about the fireplace doors, some projects are just too much. I am really hoping we have not bit off more than we can chew! Glenn is very handy, and we have done some DIY around the house, but never to the height of this one. I am really looking forward to the new creation.

      Delete
  4. Love the underwater shot of your son! His expression is priceless! I'm thinking about buying a Go Pro for an upcoming trip...I wanna capture some video footage while kayaking. Good luck with getting the fireplace finished! It will be beautiful when it's finished!

    Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and
    Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these shots are awesome. I especially love the underwater picture. I really need to practice using the gopro. My husband has one for work. Thanks for linking up. I can't wait to see some more awesome shots by you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers. Please leave your thoughts about the wonderful journey through teaching and life!